Here’s a list of my favorite stores, restaurants and bars in Brooklyn.
– Beacon’s closet for the nicest vintage treasures. 74 Guernsey Street
– Verameat is the store of jewelry designer Vera Balyura. Here you can find handmade silver and gold necklaces, earrings and piercings in the quirkiest designs. 132 North 5th Street
– Brooklyn Flea is a flea market that takes place every Saturday and Sunday. 1000 Dean Street
– In the mood for vintage shopping? Just walk down Bedford Avenue and you will find a bunch of nice shops.
– People of 2morrow is the prettiest vintage shop you’ll ever see. 65 Franklin Street
– Artists & Flea is another flea market where independent designers are selling their goods. 70 North 7th Street
– BLKYN Curated is an interior decoration store, located on 88 Franklin Street.
– Bird is a boutique with brands such as Alexander Wang, Isabel Marant, 3.1 Phillip Lim and many more. 203 Grand Street
– About Glamour is cool clothing store with an art gallery in it. 107 North 3rd Street
Restaurant & Bars
– Williamsburger Grill Inc for delicious burgers. 338 Bedford Avenue
– Roberta’s has the best pizza in Brooklyn. 261 Moore Street
– At ISA they serve healthy food in a cosy atmosphere. 348 Wythe Avenue
– Tutu’s serves burgers and more. Be sure to check if they have any events while you’re there. They host parties every Friday and Saturday night. Don’t bring your beer outside because then you will get kicked out – which unfortunately happened to us. 25 Bogart Street
– Glasserie serves healthy, Ottolenghi-like food in a former glass factory. 95 Commercial Street
– The Wythe Hotel – Rooftop bar the Ides for the perfect view on Manhattan’s skyline as you saw in my previous post. 80 Wythe Avenue
– Achilles’ Heel for good gin & tonics. 180 West Street
– At Paulie Gee they serve delicious oven-baked pizzas. 60 Greenpoint Avenue
Breakfast, coffee and bagels
– According to my friend Vince, Rye Restaurant is the best brunch spot in Brooklyn. 247 South 1st Street
– Toby’s Estate Coffee Bar, 125 North 6th Street
– Oslo Coffeeroasters, 328 Bedford Avenue
– Little Skips have the best bagels evurrrrr. 941 Willoughby Avenue
– Swallow Cafe, 49 Bogart Street
– Cafe Five Leaves, 18 Bedford Avenue
PS: Just by walking around in Williamsburg and Greenpoint, the two places with the highest hipster density per square meter in NYC, you’ll stumble upon great shops and places to hang out. Let me know if you have any tips for whenever I go back to the city!